This chocolate chia pudding will start your day off right. Because, you know, chocolate… Need I say more?…
I LOVE chia seeds. Seriously. All the chia seeds all the time. I use them in smoothies. I use them on top of smoothie bowls. I use them in bites. What I’m trying to say is I flipping LOVE chia seeds. I assumed my immense love for the little black dots would mean that I’d fall immediately for the chia pudding. But if I’m being honest – and I always will be with you guys – I didn’t really love it the first time I tried it.
Chia pudding has a rather peculiar texture which I enjoy now but it takes a little getting used too. And if you don’t get the flavouring right, it can taste down right bland! So a word to the wise – keep an open mind with chia pudding. It might take more than one go for you to decide it’s the best thing since sliced bread. Which it kind of is since it isn’t pudding but it tastes like pudding so you can definitely convince your brain your eating chocolate pudding. For breakfast. Yes – you can eat chocolate chia pudding for breakfast! That’s a totally acceptable thing.
And the good news is that with this recipe, I’ve already done the hard work for you. I’ve taste tested a bunch of bland batches to bring you the tastiest, creamiest, chocolateist (just go with it) chia pudding there is! The only thing left to do is take 5 minutes to put it together! And choose what to top it with. Because toppings take these puddings to the next level! I love sliced strawberries and coconut on top! But banana slices also work. Or chocolate chips – because yum!
Don’t forget to load a photo of your completed creations on Instagram and tag @BeForeverHealthierBlog in them! I love to see what you are cooking up!
Now – let’s get cooking…
Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 4 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 cup Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract / Essence
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl or jar
- Cover and leave in fridge overnight, or for at least 6 hours
- Serve on it's own or with toppings - my favourites are strawberry slices and shredded coconut
- Feel free to sub your favourite milk for almond milk
- Feel free to sub rice malt syrup for maple, honey etc
- If you are a cacao fan, feel free to sub that for cocoa powder.
Go on… Pin it for later… You know you want too!