Think all green smoothies are undrinkable and taste like grass, or much worse? Think again! I’ve got the BEST Green Smoothie recipe for you that’s absolutely delicious and super easy to prepare.
I’ll be the first to admit that I initially wrote off ever trying a green smoothie. Nothing about it sounded or looked very appealing to me. I mean, it looks like pond scum in a cup, right?
About a year ago I decided to bite the bullet and made a popular green smoothie recipe that was floating around the internet, just to see what all the fuss was about. I hated every sip. It was like drinking a cup of churned up grass (I imagine?). No matter how good that thing was for me, there was no way it was worth the suffering.
I decided to try and tweak my own green smoothie that packs a nutritional punch without making me want to spit it out immediately. I spent a few weeks tweaking the greenery to fruit ratio, and ended up with this masterpiece.
I’m not usually one to throw around wild and bold claims when it comes to my recipes but in this case it’s accurate and warranted. This really is The BEST Green Smoothie you’ll ever have.
GREEN SMOOTHIE INGREDIENTS:
- Chia Seeds
- Flaxseed Oil
SMOOTHIE INGREDIENT TIP & TRICKS:
FROZEN FRUIT & VEG: I always use frozen fruits and vegetables in my smoothies. I find they give my smoothies a thick, frosty texture and also help keep my smoothie cool. If you only have fresh on hand and want to make this right away, just pop a handful of ice cubes into the blender.
MILK: Choose any milk you enjoy. I generally make this smoothie with soy, but have also tried almond and cow’s milk and all tasted great.
YOGHURT: I’ve used both vanilla yoghurt and greek yoghurt for this recipe and had great results with both. If your yoghurt isn’t sweetened you might want to add a tsp or two of your favourite liquid sweetener into the mix. If you need your smoothie to be dairy free / vegan, opt for a coconut yoghurt, or omit entirely and just add a little less milk.
SMOOTHIE BOOSTERS: I love adding chia seeds and flaxseed oil to my smoothies for an extra nutritional boost. If you don’t have these on hand feel free to leave them out.
More Scrumptious Smoothie Recipes:
If you’ve tried this Green Smoothie I’d love to hear how you enjoyed it! Pop a comment and a star rating below!
The BEST Green Smoothie
- 30 grams frozen mango slices
- 75 grams frozen banana slices
- a handful frozen spinach leaves
- 200 mls milk of choice
- 50 grams vanilla yoghurt
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp flaxseed oil
- Add all ingredients into a high performance blender and blend on high for 30-60 seconds until ingredients are well combined and smooth.
- BLENDING: I use the cup attachment of my blender when making a smoothie. It's easier to clean than the jug and perfect for a single serve. If you don't have a cup attachment, the jug works exactly the same.
- FROZEN FRUIT & VEG: If you don't have frozen fruit & veg on hand and want to sub for fresh, just add a handful of ice cubes into the blender.
- MILK: Choose any milk you enjoy.
- YOGHURT: Feel free to sub vanilla yoghurt for plain greek yoghurt. If your yoghurt isn't sweetened you might want to add a tsp or two of your favourite liquid sweetener into the mix. You can also sub for coconut yoghurt to make the smoothie vegan / dairy free. Or omit entirely and use a little less milk.
- SMOOTHIE BOOSTERS: I love adding chia seeds and flaxseed oil to my smoothies for an extra nutritional boost. If you don't have these on hand feel free to leave them out.