No one will guess this delicious No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice is healthy! A great all-rounder snack that’s great for sharing as it’s vegan, nut free, gluten free and refined sugar free.
I’m an avid snacker from way back. I’ve never been able to master getting all the way to my next meal without a little something to nosh on in between.
And on those rare occasions that I do, I come down with a serious case of the hangries.
As a result, I keep my house and my handbag well stocked with snack options. It’s just safer for everyone involved!
A few years ago I discovered the wonder that is no bake snacks and I include at least one of these recipes in my meal prep each week. This No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice is one that I find myself whipping up time and time again.
It’s got enough coconut in it to help you dream of far off tropical islands.
Putting this slice together is as easy as throwing all the ingredients in a food processor, blitzing until combined, pouring it in a baking tray and popping it into the fridge to set. Yep – that easy.
Oh and there’s only 7 ingredients and NO REFINED SUGAR. Not to mention it’s vegan, gluten free and nut free. And AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS so let’s just hurry up and make some shall we?
NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT SLICE INGREDIENTS:
- Rolled Oats: Traditional rolled oats work best in this recipe. I don’t recommend substituting for steel cut or quick oats.
- Cocoa Powder: OR use cacao powder if you prefer.
- Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup: OR use honey or maple syrup if you prefer.
- Desiccated Coconut
- Medjool Dates
- Coconut Oil
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE COCONUT SLICE:
- Throw all the ingredients into a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a baking tin, flatten with your hands and sprinkle coconut on top.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set, then slice and enjoy!
HOW TO STORE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE SLICE:
Store slice in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
MORE SCRUMPTIOUS SNACK RECIPES:
- Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Healthy Chocolate Crackles
- No Bake Chewy Apricot Muesli Bars
- Banana Coconut Muffins
- How to Make Stovetop Popcorn
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup desiccated coconut plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder can use cacao
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup / brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line square baking tin with baking paper (I used 8 x 8 inch or 20cm x 20cm).
- Pop all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until finely chopped. If the mixture isn't combining well pop a tbsp or two of water at a time into the food processor and continue to blitz.
- Pour mixture into baking tray and flatten with your hands for consistency. Sprinkle with coconut and pop in the fridge for an hour until set.
- Cut into squares and try not to eat all at once.
- Adapted from My Lovely Little Lunchbox
- Rolled Oats - Traditional rolled oats work best in this recipe. I don't recommend substituting for steel cut or quick oats.
- Cocoa Powder - You can use cacao powder if you prefer.
- Rice Malt Syrup / Brown Rice Syrup - You can use honey or maple syrup if you prefer.
- Storing - Store slice in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutrition - Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on one piece of slice.
★★ HAVE YOU MADE THIS RECIPE? PLEASE GIVE IT A STAR RATING BELOW!
First Published: April 16, 2018
Updated: March 1, 2019