No one will guess this delicious no bake chocolate coconut slice is healthy! It’s vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free and is perfect for lunchboxes for little or big kids alike.
I’ve had quite a few baking fails of late. In fact, pretty much everything I’ve put near the oven has suffered in some way. First there was the “too dense” banana muffins. Then the “too wet” banana bread. Let’s not even go into my chocolate cake attempt. But needless to say I won’t be vying for the baker of the year crown any time soon.
I’ve started focusing my attention instead on some no bake desserts, and I think I’ve found my mojo in the kitchen once again. I’d kind of neglected the whole no bake thing since going on an energy bite spree last year. First there was my no bake chocolate fudge energy bites. Then the no bake chewy apricot muesli bars. And now, now there is this delicious no bake chocolate coconut slice.
Putting this slice together is as easy as throwing all the ingredients in a food processor, blitzing until combined, throwing it in a baking tray and popping it into the fridge to set. Yep – that easy. Oh and there’s only 7 ingredients and NO REFINED SUGAR. And it’s vegan. And gluten free. And amazing so let’s just hurry up and make some shall we?
No Bake Chocolate Coconut Slice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup dessicated coconut plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 4 medjool dates pitted
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder can use cacao
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup / brown rice syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Line square baking tray with baking paper (I used 8 x 8 inch or 20cm x 20cm).
- Pop all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until well combined.
- Pour mixture into baking tray and flatten with your hands for consistency. Sprinkle with coconut and pop in the fridge for an hour until set.
- Cut into squares and try not to eat all at once.
- Adapted from My Lovely Little Lunchbox
- Slice will last up to a week in the fridge or pop in the freezer if you are wanting to keep for longer.
- Feel free to sub rice malt syrup for maple syrup, honey etc.
- Nutrition is for 1 slice