These No Bake Peanut Butter Oatmeal Protein Bites are a great replacement for store bought protein bars and even more delicious. The perfect healthy snack to keep you going after a workout or to get through the 3pm slump!
I’ll just come right out and say it – I can’t stop eating protein bites. I resisted the protein bite / energy bite / protein ball / bliss ball / whatever you want to call them phase for SO LONG but I’m now on board in a big way and I regret not joining sooner! These little morsels of heaven taste like a naughty treat but are actually good for you!!!
Here is just some of the line-up of ingredients we have here…
- Rolled Oats – Among the most nutrient-dense foods you can eat, filled with antioxidants and soluble fibre… They fill you up and taste great.
- Protein Powder – Provides protein (who’d have thought) and amino acids which aid in increased muscle growth. I know I personally don’t get enough protein so any extra sources in my day are welcomed. Also, I just can’t bring myself to drink a protein shake…
- Peanut Butter – Good fats, protein, fibre… also delicious. Yeah I said it. All the peanut butter all the time.
- Rice Malt Syrup – A blend of glucose and maltose which is 100% fructose free! My favourite sweetener and a little goes a long way.
- Chia Seeds – Yet another nutritious powerhouse, loaded with fibre, protein, omega-3 fatty acids and various micronutrients.
Now this is a healthy snack I actually want to eat! And fortunately for me I have a fridge full of them from when I went healthy baking crazy on Saturday! These energy bites were well and truly a hit. The chocolate chip chickpea blondies and chocolate black bean brownies that I also tried to make, not so much of a hit. Anyone out there actually enjoy beans in baking? I’m still trying to get the taste out of my mouth! And naturally I’m doing that by eating more of these bites…
I hope you guys love these as much as I do!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup vanilla protein powder
- ½ cup natural peanut butter it needs to be drippy
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup aka brown rice syrup. Or use honey or maple syrup etc etc and up this if you want them super sweet
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup add ins choc chips, sultanas, chopped nuts, etc
Mix all ingredients except for the water into a bowl
Add water 1 tbsp at a time and mix together until the entire mixture binds together. You may need to add more water if your mixture is still not holding together after using ½ cup
Roll the mixture into small balls with your hands, as a guide I'd use 1 tbsp of mixture per bite. You will yield approximately 15 bites
Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set
Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a week or pop in the freezer and thaw when you are ready to enjoy!
Adapted from The Healthy Maven