Looking for a healthy icy cold summer treat? These Strawberry Mango Popsicles are just the answer! Filled with good for you ingredients, these popsicles will have you cooled down in no time.
I don’t believe I’ve spoken about my love of K-Mart on the blog as yet? I’m absolutely obsessed. Not even moderately joking. I’ll find any excuse to go have a browse through K-Mart. I’m not sure if K-Mart in Australia is the same as America, but K-Mart in Australia is renowned for super affordable and cute kitchenwares. Which is probably why I love it so much.
A few months back while I was browsing through K-Mart I found a $2 6-piece popsicle mould and just knew I had to have it. Sure, it was the middle of winter and I had zero intention of making any popsicles, but I needed it nonetheless. And finally this week I found a reason to use it! You see, Adam’s had two requests since it’s been heating up – Mango Weiss Bars and Lemonade Icy-poles. Whilst both are absolutely delicious, they certainly aren’t the healthiest treat to be eating. So I decided to try and make my own icy cold treat.
And these Strawberry Mango Popsicles are the result!
They are super simple to make with very basic ingredients, and will definitely get you through summer when all you want to do is reach for the ice-cream stat! I suspect these would make great snacks for kids too!
Strawberry Mango Popsicles
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water can use coconut water
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Optional – 1-2 tbsp of rice malt syrup / honey / maple syrup If you taste the mixture and decide it isn’t sweet enough for you, add in ½ tbsp. of your preferred sweetener and blend again.
- Place strawberries & ½ cup water into a high performing blender or food processor until completely pureed. Pour into small bowl and mix in 1 tbsp. chia seeds.
- Rinse blender / food processor.
- Repeat first step but this time with the mango!
- Spoon the fruit mixtures into popsicles however you’d like – I just alternated spoonful’s of each until the mould was filled.
- Place in freezer overnight and enjoy once completely frozen!
- If the frozen fruit isn't pureeing well you can add a little more water
- I didn't add any sweetener to mine and thought they tasted like fruit flavoured icy-poles - delicious! But I understand everyone has different tastes, so as I mentioned in the recipe - if you want to add in a little sweetener to the purees go for it.
- Nutrition information is a rough estimate for one popsicle.