The seventh edition of my What’s Happening series, where you get a sneak peek into what I’ve been up too and what I’m loving when it comes to all things food, natural beauty and more!
Well that’s August done and dusted for another year! Today marks the end of winter here in Australia (yippee) and I’m looking forward to all things spring! I was rather impressed with myself yesterday having had this monthly recap ready to go BEFORE the end of the month, but then life got in the way and so here it is a day late as usual! Here’s my August in short form:
- Adam’s dad gave us a scare last week when he unfortunately suffered a heart attack. Thankfully he is now on the mend and relatively unscathed. This was in large part thanks to some pretty quick thinking from the person who found him so here’s your friendly reminder to learn CPR if you haven’t already.
- We moved house in August which was tiring and stressful. But our new home is beautiful and the kitchen is to die for so all is happy now.
- I’m pretty sure I’m responsible for at least 1 million of the views Taylor Swift’s new song has on Youtube. It’s been on repeat.
- My cooking of late has been pretty uninspired and we’ve been sticking to the basics – veggies, soups and salads. BUT I have a ton of new ideas I want to try out over the next month so expect to see some new recipes coming soon.
- I quit dairy in an attempt to fix my chronic adult acne.
- I’m may be the only person in the whole wide world who doesn’t like Game of Thrones? Is there anyone else out there???
- Having said that, we’re running very, very low on TV to watch – send suggestions!!
I’ve also been…
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowls – I had one of these almost every day for the past two weeks. It’s that good. You should make it.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup – I almost missed my opportunity to enjoy my roasted pumpkin soup in winter but I rectified it with a couple of batches over the past few weeks. This soup is one of my favourites.
- Schmidt’s Lavender Sage Deodorant Paste – I love this brand and all they stand for. I had a consistency problem with the very first tub I purchased and after letting them know they happily replaced it no problem. The new tub works great and smells great which is pretty much the key requirements for a natural deodorant in my eyes. I really love lavender and the scent is mild but has good staying power which is also unusual for a natural deodorant. Well worth a try if you are looking for a good natural deodorant!
Watching on TV…
- Atypcial – I must admit we scrolled past this show a few times on Netflix umming and ahhing over whether to give it a go. Well, I’m glad we finally did. The show centres around Sam, an 18-year-old on the autism spectrum who decides he’d like to find a girlfriend. The show mixes equal parts serious and comedy and portrays life with autism respectfully. A great watch.
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations – Who doesn’t love Oprah? I have always loved her interview style and the episodes of this podcast cover some of her favourite interviews with thought-leaders, authors and health and wellness experts. My favourites so far have been her interviews with Sheryl Sandberg and Brene Brown.
- I’m still on The Call of the Weird by Louis Theroux which means that I’m reading way too slow! Will get onto that. Next up is All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. I mostly read non-fiction so I’m excited to have a fiction book to read. Anyone read it? Thoughts?